Skip to Content

Other Services

Information regarding foreign currency, cashing state issued checks or mutilated currency:

The Alabama Office of State Treasury does not handle any type of transactions dealing with the cashing of state-issued warrants or checks or the exchange of foreign currency.  Should you need those services please contact a bank or financial institution.

If you have mutilated or damaged currency or coins that you wish to redeem please contact the U .S. Treasury’s Bureau of Engraving and Printing.



Back to top

Governor Kay Ivey has issued a State of Emergency in response to the pandemic influenza outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, the Office of State Treasurer is operating with limited staff until April 6, 2020. Therefore, response time may be longer than normal. For immediate assistance, please contact or 334-242-7501.