WHAT ARE THE DETAILS OF THE AWARD?
- Annual award amounts of $4,000 for four-year college enrollees and $2,000 for two-year college enrollees.
- Scholarships are determined through an application process.
- Colleges must be accredited, nonprofit two or four-year colleges/universities in the state of Alabama.
- The award is non-renewable and will be granted for the fall and spring semesters of the recipient’s freshman year.
- These scholarships must to be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load, including computers. Funds can also be applied to on-campus room and board expense or off-campus housing if enrolled at least half-time and billed through the school. Other qualifications for covered room and board expense must follow the “Qualified Education Expenses” guidelines found on the IRS 529 website: http://www.irs.gov/publications/p970/ch08.html.