Skip to Content

State Checks & Tax Refunds

How to find information on state-issued checks, tax refunds and more

While the Office of State Treasurer receives deposits for the state and manages state funds, we do not issue warrants (or checks).  All state payments, including items such as income tax refunds and child support payments, are issued by the State Comptroller.

If you need assistance with a state-issued warrant or check please contact:

Regarding taxes and tax refunds:

Alabama Department of Revenue
(334) 242-1170 Option 1

Regarding child support payments:

Department of Human Resources (DHR)
Public Assistance
(334) 242-9300

Other state-issued checks:

State Comptroller’s Office
(334) 242-7063

Please note if you are requesting a copy of a warrant call (334) 242-7156.

If you have received a letter regarding payments or garnishments withdrawn from your bank account please contact the U.S. Department of Treasury at (800) 304-3107.

Back to top